Promoting Positive Interaction and Guidance Between Teachers, Children, and Parents -
This session is filled with activity and information! Active listening, "I" messages, positive guidance, and positive statements will be examined. Role plays, discussion, and games are used to enhance the learning for this topic.
Beyond Time Out - 2 hours
The positive and negative aspects of time-out will be discussed in this course. Guidance techniques, conflict resolution skills, and the use of class meetings will be examined. Practical ideas for improving the environment in the classroom will be reviewed. Establishing procedures versus establishing rules will be discussed.
Child Abuse and Neglect - 2 Hours
The objectives of this training are:
To understand the NC Child Abuse Reporting Law and what it means?
To learn how to recognize and report child abuse and neglect
To understand what happens once a report is made
To learn what to do if a child tells you they have been abused
To understand how you can help prevent child abuse
Supervision in the Classroom - 2 Hours
The objectives for this training are:
To have a better understanding of what is expected for appropriate supervision
To understand and develop plans for routine trips to the bathroom, meal time, nap time, outside play, and free play
To practice and come up with solutions for situations that may occur in the Early Childhood Classroom
Tell Me, Show Me, Involve Me - 2 Hours
This training focuses on the four developmental domains of children: physical, intellectual, emotional and social development. Teachers are reminded that if you tell children things, they may forget. If you show them, they might remember. If you involve them, they will always remember. Ideas of activities are shared for ages groups from infants to preschoolers.
Take a Look at Your TEAM - 2 Hours
This training examines characteristics of an effective team. You will also take a "test" to see what personality or team color you are. You will then compare your color to other teachers in your program or classroom. This exercise is a lot of fun! Communication strategies are also examined and ways to become a better, more active listener.
Brain Development during the Early Years - 2 Hours
Brain study and research is examined for the ages of infants through preschool age. Ideas are included on providing a stimulating, inviting environment. Concepts that stimulate the brain in each age group will be explored. Ideas are also given on how center areas such as: sand, water, blocks, and many more can affect how the brain develops in the early years. Exercises will take place on learning whether the participant is more of a left brain or right brain learner.
How On-Line Courses Work
- The cost per course is $10.00. Fees will be paid by check or money order.
- Complete registration form.
- Within 48 hours of registration completion, you will receive an email with the link to your course and directions on how to proceed. If you do not receive an email, please contact me.
- Each course consists of text to read, assignments to complete and a discussion board where you can post questions and view instructor and other student's questions and ideas.
- You can work at your own pace---the course may be completed in 1 day or two weeks depending on your schedule. Courses must be completed within 2 weeks unless prior arrangements have been made or due to extenuating circumstances.
- Once all assignments have been completed a certificate of completion will be emailed to you.
- All classes have been approved by the Division of Child Development in the state of North Carolina. If you are registering for a class and you are from another state you will need to check with your licensing division for approval of these courses.
On Site Courses:
- Look, Listen, and Move! Supervision in the Classroom - 2 hours
- Get Ready, Get Set, Go! Transportation and Field Trip Safety - 2 hours
- Sensory Intergration - 2 hours
- Temperament - 2 hours